Transition from Year 6
Transitioning from Year 6 to Year 7 is an exciting time for many, though we understand that some students and parents for that matter may feel a little daunted about their next steps in education. Here at Gordano our mission is to make this journey an enjoyable and informative one. For parents and students alike, there will be new ways of communicating, new expectations and many enriching educational and extracurricular opportunities during the next five to seven years in school. Below is an invitation to our Virtual Open Day
To help parents and students with this transition, for the current Year 6 hoping to join us in September 2021, last week we hosted a virtual open evening. We hope you enjoyed/enjoy the event and these videos and presentations give you a feel for what it is like to be a pupil at Gordano School and the chance to see a snapshot of some of the exciting opportunities that will be available to you when you start with us.
Our Virtual Open Evening was a live event, and includes the following:
- The Head Girl and Head Boy will welcome you and you can hear about students’ experience of life at Gordano
- The Headteacher, Mr Inman, and Deputy Headteacher, Mr McGilloway, will present important information about the school’s ethos and values
- Video presentations showcasing the achievements of our students in a number of different subject areas will be available for you to watch
- You will be able to download a copy of the school prospectus
- Further video content will be made available on the school website and social media accounts throughout October
We very much look forward to welcoming you to Gordano School.
Gordano School would like to invite you to watch our Virtual Open Evening 2020 here and further video content to be enjoyed below:
LINKS TO VIDEOS & PRESENTATIONS
Our current prospectus and further information booklet is also available below